Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Will keeping a baby squirrel spread disease?

About 4 days ago I rescued a baby squirrel (4 weeks old), and nursed him back to health successfully. He walks, eats, sleeps, drinks, everything seems healthy. But I understand he is a wild animal and am a little conscious, I did touch him for a moment with my bare hands, he did not bite or scratch. But do you think this baby might carry the plague or hydrophobia? I usually use gloves to avoid contamination and do wash my hands anyway, but do you honestly think this baby might be carrying a disease?





Oh he will be released into the wild, im just asking for a primary concernWill keeping a baby squirrel spread disease?
if you are worried phone your local vets office and ask their advice.Will keeping a baby squirrel spread disease?
Go to the animal hospital and get him a rabies shot or whatever but it's possible that he could have eaten some pesticide and be very sick, that's what happened to the bunny family in my yard, they ate fertilizer of my neighbors(i don't use fertilizer) and when they came back they were extremely sick and when they come out to eat they are so non-reactive, but your squirrel could be sick or have a Latent virus (it's there but just not active)
I don't think so, but i'm no expert so don't rely on my answer. Maybe you should ask a vet and ask! :)
  • trilogy
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment