Friday, May 14, 2010

I have a sick baby squirrel?

so yesterday i was outside and there was this squirrel looked like any other...but a baby. i was looking over him for about an hour and nothing happened, so i took him in. he was fine this morning and yesterday, he ate nuts (hes like 8 weeks old). and then when i came home from school he looked sick and wouldnt move (he wasnt dead) and throughout the day my dad was checking on him! i got him some kitten milk and he seems to be taking it well... but what else should i do to get him back to health, until he goes to a squirrel rehabilitation center (spelling?)I have a sick baby squirrel?
Stop feeding it kitten milk!! I can't stress that enough!





My mom is an animal rehaber. She can tell you exactly what to do but for now stop feeding it! Its very important because the nutrients in kitten milk is not what a squirrel needs. My Mom uses puppy milk but if the squirrel is dehydrated then it doesn't need any kind of milk but pedalite that use you for human babies. Anyway call 770-888-3987 ask for Jacquelyn Parton she is a licensed Wild Life Rehab and she will give any advice or even take any animal anytime no questions asked no cost to. I really hope this helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment