Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Baby Squirrel in my Wall! Help!?

My cat likes to bring in lizards so that what I thought he had in the bathroom yesterday. When I moved some stuff around looking for it it turned out he had brought a baby squirrel in. Needless to say the squirrel and I where freaked out when we found each other. He then ran into a hole at the bottom of my sink and wall that I didn't know was there. I read about using a live trap to catch him but I was talking to this lady at the place I was going to buy it and she said because he's a baby he won't be attracted to the bait and that I should use a glue trap. I find glue traps to be revolting and horrible and do not want to use one at all. I really need to get this guy out because I'm renting this place and don't want to pay for squirrel damage. Remember that is a baby!Baby Squirrel in my Wall! Help!?
Oh no! What a mess you have. It may depend on how young it is. There's a point when baby squirrels won't move until it's mother moves it. Then you have a problem. Depending on where it is, you might need to cut a hole in the wall to remove it. That repair shouldn't cost a lot. I found squirrels in my attic a couple of years back. I couldn't block their entrance/exit until the babies left on their own. The hard part was waiting. So you might want to go ahead and make that hole, otherwise you'll end up with a smell, and it won't be pleasant later. Good luck, I feel for you!Baby Squirrel in my Wall! Help!?
They grow quickly and eat wires when they get in their way. So if I were you, I'd call an exterminator and get them to get it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment