Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Baby Squirrel HELP!!!!?

I have raised them before, but not this small. They are pinky's. Well last night one went into a feeding trance and asperated a bit of the formula. Now he is clicking. I KNOW he needs antibiotics. Well the local rehab. around here is out of town %26amp; I live in a small town and it is Sat. only a few vets are open. I don't want the poor thing to die, he has made it 24hrs and now this. Anyhow, anyone know of an antibiotic I can give him? I have a few from my kids left over in the fridge. And cephelaxin from puppies. Thanks in advance.Baby Squirrel HELP!!!!?
Put half a soluble paracetamol in some water and give it to the squirrel or if you have no soluble, half a normal tablet mushed up in water works exacly the same way. make sure the squirrel is drinking LOTS of fluids as this is EXTREMELY important, if it is really young try adding a bit of milk to its water or some blended down food, this is all you can do. the poor creature MUST see a vet or else the animal could see the worst.

No comments:

Post a Comment