Wednesday, May 12, 2010

I rescued a baby squirrel; need advice- Please help?

I rescued a baby 4 days ago.. I rehydrated her by giving her pedialyte for a day every few hours. I then switch her to Just Born Kitten Milk.. Which she eats fine and her waste after looks normal as websites have described a healthy squirrels waste should look. But SO many websites have told me to NOT feed her Just Born for Kittens then some told me I could. My question is; what should I feed her?! I am so worried I am feeding her the wrong thing. If I am.. How do I switch over? Like mix half Just Born then half with the correct formula? When I rescued her, she was weak, very skinny, and eyes were closed. (We heard her crying for days before finding her) She now has gained a good amount of weight, eyes wide open, crawling around, and looks truly happy. :) But please.. if anyone has any advice, please share. I will be so grateful for any. Thanks SO much!





P.S- No wildlife rehabilitators are calling back. :(I rescued a baby squirrel; need advice- Please help?
My aunt has rescued several squirrels. She told me that she simmers milk and lets it cool for a while. She also gets vitamins for hamsters, or gerbils and gives little drops to him. Her squirrel that she rescued about 2 years ago is a very happy and sweet little guy and is doing great!I rescued a baby squirrel; need advice- Please help?
we saved our dog this way (i know comletly different) but we mixed cornmeal and milk then warmed it some that way they are getting actual food and some liquid because eventually your baby will have to try and eat regular food that they eat or if the cornmeal doesnt work try mashing nuts up and mixing it with milk that way the baby gets a taste of the nuts we used regular milk powder goats milk works great too but if you feed an animal that for so long they get the poopies
Follow the Message I sent ya...


If she is%26gt;%26gt;%26gt;She now has gained a good amount of weight, eyes wide open, crawling around, and looks truly happy.


She will be alright...:):)


Let me know!!

No comments:

Post a Comment