Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Baby squirrel with blood in urine,no vets/rehabbers in area! What do I do?

My 6 week old baby squirrel rescue has got blood in her urine, she was very badly shocked from being bitten in the neck and thrown a 100 ft. from my tree, I washed her up,looked for a rehabber,got her pedialyte, %26amp; after coming out of it, began her on Esibilac. She's gotten huge, near double in size in a week, had lower incisors, now teething uppers, so began slowly introducing soft solids two days ago like peeled/sliced avocado, grape, hazelnut, almond, tried w/ broccoli, kale, and carrot but refused,still trying,(for the calcium)Has had good urination/BM's since I found her,but yesterday noticed a barely visible tinge of pink on a white napkin, and this morning she was so hungry I had to stop her, but sluggish and acting very odd, then she urinated and it was pink, like pink pedialyte/watered-down kool-aid, I know that it's got to be blood in the urine, but there's no vet's here that'll do squirrels,as they're illegal (as pets)/no rehabbers as they're not native to Oregon! What do I do? Food? OTC Meds? Or at the very worst a vet/rehabber somewhere else that will help her if I give her up to them, not just want to euthanize!?Baby squirrel with blood in urine,no vets/rehabbers in area! What do I do?
Hmm...you can always lie to the vets and say your ';kitten'; has bloody urine. You can drop off a urine sample and ask them to take a look at it...it's worth a shot. Baby squirrel with blood in urine,no vets/rehabbers in area! What do I do?
its sounds like it could be a urinary tract infection try looking up ways to treat that
where did you get a baby squirrel?


i want one!



I would search for someone who deals with rehabilitating wild animals


do you have a zoo near by they could help you . you may have to drive someplace far to get it help .


are you shore its not something you feed the squirrel that colored the pee some . You can give her a day or two and see what happens


It could have been internal Ingres due to the attack .


But I'm not shore since it has been a week .


did someone squeeze it to hard did it fall ?


sorry that's all I can think of . Best of luck to you .

No comments:

Post a Comment