Wednesday, May 12, 2010

I found a baby squirrel.?

I've already raised a couple of squirrels and it's fun. This one is older, his eyes are open but he is still drinking formula, no solid food yet. He is eating well, peeing and pooping okay, and he is active and bright eyed. But he has a stuffy, snotty nose. He can't breathe with his mouth shut and snot bubbles out of his nose. I have him in a room with a humidifier going to try to thin out the boogers but I can't dry him up. Anybody have any suggestions on how to aspirate snot out of a teeny-tiny nose????? I have tried baby bulb syringes and and little feeding syringes but they don't work. Help!!!!! This is driving me crazy!I found a baby squirrel.?
I have raised many squirrels. Don't try to aspirate, just clean the boogers off his nose until it clears up. If it doesn't go away in a few weeks he may need a vet. Also having a baby squirrel this late in the year you cannot turn him loose this season. He will not have a nest or a store of nuts and he will starve to death. Keep him through the winter and release in the spring.I found a baby squirrel.?
what you need is one of those tiny little thingies they have in pregnancy tests to get urine on the stick.. I think one of those might work.. any ways good luck
Please go to The Squirrel Board. You will find all the help you need there.
i have absolutely no experience with squirrels, but this sounds like he has an upper respiratory infection and maybe needs some antibiotics from a vet.


good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment