Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Question about a baby squirrel?

Question about a baby squirrel?


This past Saturday, I happened to take on two baby squirrel ls. Withing 15 minutes, one of the babies died and I was sure that the other one would follow soon. I warmed him up and after several hours began to give him pedialite. I was able to get some puppy milk at Walmart to give him. I was planning on turning him over to a wildlife rehabilitator the first thing Monday. When I called the closest one was a two hour drive. Since I had spent two days with this baby and had nursed it back. I was attached and didn't really want to give it up anyway.


So, now I'm mommy to a baby squirrel. I got the Espilac milk from Pet co and mixed with whipping cream on Monday and began giving it to him. Anyway my question is according to what I have read he should be about 3-4 weeks old. He has hair and it is click and he has his bottom teeth. Should he be walking? hoping? His back legs act like they either are hurt or is he just trying to learn to use them. He falls over when he gets up. He doesn't scream or anything. Also, shouldn't his eating increase. His eating has stayed pretty much the same. He is using the restroom with me stimulating and or when I let him down out of his bed.


I have some knowledge of wild animals just not squirrels. And yes, I plan to release him back into the wild as soon as he can go. Thanks in advancQuestion about a baby squirrel?
You sound like a really nice, person, i wish i could help more. i would google it. I will look it up and post another answerQuestion about a baby squirrel?
And you got a baby squirrel why?

No comments:

Post a Comment