Wednesday, January 20, 2010

I found a baby squirrel in my garage what do i do ?

he seems to eat and drink but when you hold him he starts sucking your finger like he is trying to nurse off youI found a baby squirrel in my garage what do i do ?
It depends weather you want to keep it or not if you don't bring it to the local wildlife center , if you do you may email me and i can tell you what to do. I have four right now and have raised many. but it is to much to type here. But what ever you do don't leave it in your yard, squirrels stay with there mother for almost a year and can not fend for them selve as babies. If its eyes are closed then it is not even a month and half old so it will die. Feel free to email if you like and i will give you the answers you need.I found a baby squirrel in my garage what do i do ?
First off, AWWWW how adorable. But seriously, if you care about the little guy I'd take him to the vet. If you drop him in your yard it could be possible for him to find his way back to his home, but it depends on the number of predators in your area. Do some research find out what they eat as young and maybe try to nurse it. Just a few ideas.
Ive Found A Baby Squirrel Before. 3 Actually And He Was Like Tiny And I Took Care Of It Until I Thought It was Big Enough To Survive On Its Own Then I Let Him Go..So My Advice To You Is Keep It Until It Gets A Little Bigger Or Give It To Someone Who Will Take Care Of It Because There Is No Way That Baby Squirrel Will Survive Otherwise..
You should call your local vet and ask about what you should do. Or if you have a wildlife rescue organization near you, call them to deal with it.
look around your garage for the mom or look up local wildlife rescue shelters in your area. If you can't find one..take it to any local vet, they can find 1 for you.
contact your local wildlife rescue. However cute it may be try not to handle it too much or use protective gloves squirrels can carry germs and diseases that my cause you illness.
dont touch it if you do the mom might not think its her baby call animal control:D
Go to the pet store and buy those tiny bottles for feeding kittens. It will be so cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment