Friday, January 22, 2010

Do baby squirrel have disease?

what should I do with this baby Squirrel I found? I have 3 children and a cat I don't want them to get sick from it but I don't want to condemn the baby squirrel to death and put him outside, I can't find any shelter that will take him in :(Do baby squirrel have disease?
Don't worry.. I nursed a baby squirrel back to health before. I would keep him seperate from your children and cat, however, the only disease spreadable from humans to animals (or squirrels to cats) is rabies, which would be obvious if the baby had it. To feed my squirrel, I used KMR (dog formula) that I got from my job.. about 10mL every three hours. Other than that, you can just keep him in a carrier with a comfy blanket. To get the milk I would suggest either purchasing it from a vet or even your local shelter. I hope everything turns out well for you and the squirrely! If you really can't take care of him, I would look into finding maybe a wildlife refuge near your town.Do baby squirrel have disease?
Baby squirrels have Fleas.



it depends on if the mother had an disease while pregnant it could have passed to the baby!
  • lipstick
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment