Friday, January 22, 2010

Does anyone know how often baby squirrels survive a long fall?

I looked on the back porch a few weeks ago %26amp; noticed there were 4 baby squirrels laying around. I went outside to see if they were dead, they were still breathing (rapidly) %26amp; suddenly, the mother came out of nowhere. I already knew not to touch them so I went back in. Well, we found out her TREE nest fell apart. She still had a few in the tree, so they fell as well. It was disturbing. These babies fell about 12 feet from the tree. I'm curious, I'd like to know if the ones would have most likely died later from the fall?Does anyone know how often baby squirrels survive a long fall?
Small animals can take falls very well, but those babies may have died anyway. They need to be in a warm nest, away from predators. Did the mother collect them?
  • lipstick
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment