Sunday, January 24, 2010

Baby squirrel more questions HELP PLEASE!?

it's been over 25hrs. of hydrating the little guy..i think he's about5-6 weeks old am introducing esbilac slowly now,(feeding every 4 hrs.)he has not pooped yet...is this normal???he pees on his own...he takes3-5cc a feeding,i missed a feeding in the middle of the night, instead of eating @4:00am he ate @ around 7:00am or so,but he ate6cc and seems ok!? any HELP you can offer would be AWESOME!!! there is a local wildlife sanctuary I'm just waiting for a call back....THANX!!Baby squirrel more questions HELP PLEASE!?
Hey, I have had and raised a baby squirrel. I can email you pics of how old he was when i got him and from then on.


I fed my little guy evaporated milk and diluted it with water. Make sure you dilute it enough, if you don't he will get the runs. Also get him untreated peanuts. Take them out of the shell for him since he won't be able to shell them at this age.


A lot of ppl don't recommend the milk I used but it worked fine. My little guy would let me know when he was hungry. If you wait until he crys to feed him, he is a lot more likely to take it without a fight.


Also offer him plain water between feedings. I would love to talk to you about this a little more personally since there is so much to say. You can email me at amber11204@yahoo.com please write the title as baby squirrel.Baby squirrel more questions HELP PLEASE!?
Great job!!!! I just found a juvenille squirrel and read up on them and you can use tissue and rub it over their genital and anus area for a comfort feeling they get and they will release themselves
i found a baby squirrel a few weeks ago and a day later took it to a wild life sanctuary. it sounds like your doing a good job, as long as you keep him hydrated and really warm he'll be fine.


heres a website offering care tips i used:


www.tampasquirrelcare.org/
You are doing a great job. I love squirrels as well. The fact that he is still around, means you are doing fine. Thanks for caring for God's creatures.
sounds like your doing great just keep up the good work cuase you are doing fine keep me updated i just had to give my baby squirrel to the nature center i raised him until he was about 3 yrs old
sounds like hes doing fine and he should count himself lucky to have such a concerned nurse. just remember wild animals eat when there hungry not like domestic pets who just eat coz its there. good luck and let me know how things go.
sounds like u r doing a terrific job. he's still alive after 25 hrs.and that is an accomplishment in and of itself. Just keep doing what ur doing and when u do get ahold of the sanctuary, don't b surprised if they don't want him. i hope they do 4 ur sake. good luck
HE`S NORMAL IT`S GOOD THAT YOU REALLY ARE THAT WORRIED ABOUT HIM TO POST A QUESTION ONLINE

No comments:

Post a Comment