Friday, January 22, 2010

How come we've never seen baby squirrels?

I have asked several people and nobody has ever seen baby squirrels. So where are they kept? And for how long? During what season?How come we've never seen baby squirrels?
I have! They stay in the dray (nest) until they have fur and can walk and climb,and then they come out and eat seeds and nuts with their Mama.Sometimes,they will fall from the dray,or get tossed out in a storm,and have to be rescued! They are so cute!


http://www.scarysquirrel.org/current/reb鈥?/a>How come we've never seen baby squirrels?
well, probally they hide in holes, nests or small places that ppl cant see. Or the squirrels are large when they are small..
I guess they are all kid squirrels when we see them. No one really gets close enough to see if its a baby.


Nice observation


Hope it Helps


-Me
probablly they are kept in a holei n the trees where they put the nuts
Same reason we never see bigfoot? There are many things we never see in animal life.
haha


ya I've seen squirrels that look kinda on the small side but i'm not sure whether they wer babies
look in the trees
well some babies are kep in the hibernation spot
Baby squirrels need alot of body heat they cant come out in the winter because they'll lose all of there body heat and die and they do come out in the summer but there very small and they get scared very easly by dog , birds ,and other things that make loud noises so they run back to there nest And when there about 3-5 months old there mother leaves them and by that time there already full grown Email me and i can tell u were u can see some
Baby Squirrels stay up in the tree until they are developed. I once took care of 4 baby Squirrels because they fell out of the tree in my backyard. They are high maintenance and relied on me to almost do everything for them. Now they are roaming somewhere by themselves.
I've only seen one baby squirrel and I wasn't sure what it was. I was walking from the Courthouse to my office one day when I saw this tiny pink baby laying on the ground under a pecan tree. It looked kind of like a mix between a baby mouse and a kitten, and it had no hair. It was alive so I picked it up and took it to the office with me. A co-worker took it to the vet her Mom works for, and that's how we found out it was a baby squirrel.





So, I guess they stay in a nest or hole in trees until they're big enough to run around on their own.
One time I saw a mother and her young ones (they had fur, but were little) and she was teaching them to climb a wall and jump from gutter to gutter on a one story home. It was the cutest thing! She kept doing it over and over and the young ones would try to follow, sometimes falling, but they would get back up and do it over and over. Adorable.
they may be kept some we don't know....
If you'd like to see baby squirrels, visit your local wildlife rehabber (see www.iwrc-online.org for a list of rehabbers near you). In my area, baby squirrels begin coming in for rehab in February, so your local rehabber should have plenty for you to see (or even help bottle feed).





Like most other rodents, squirrels are born naked, pink, and helpless. Their mom keeps them in a fur-lined nest in a hollow tree (or, more often in the city, a hole in someone's roof soffit) until their eyes open, they are covered with fur, and they can move around well enough not to fall out of trees. Squirrels can have several litters of pups in a season.
The only time I have ever seen baby squirrels is when they have fallen from thier nest or the wind blew them out of thier nest.this is a good question,cause you just don't see little squirrels running around !
I have seen several in my back yard. They are very curious, but my male husky would kill them when they would get to close.
I think they must be born full grown...because I have never in my life seen one and I grew up in a home with 10 million squirrels living in the backyard,
squirrles are rodents, and like all rodents they are born pink with no fur. the babies are kept in the squirrel den until they grow fur. so you probably have seen young ones, they just dont look like it with the fur.
Wow, good ? cause i never thought about that before
We huh. Why use the word we? I've seen bay squirrels. When you use the word we as you have you include every living person on Earth. You mean I as in yourself.





Squirrels usually spend the first 6 weeks of life in the nest or den. The get out after that a lot. Usually early or late in the day. They have to be extra cautious cause they are easy prey for owls and hawks.





http://www.pgc.state.pa.us/pgc/cwp/view.鈥?/a>
You've been asking the wrong people.





I've seen baby squirrels or propbably what would be classified as ';teenager'; squirrels most years.





It probably helps going to a nature reserve with squirrel feeders in it though.
That's such a great question.. I never noticed I haven't seen a baby squirrel until now. I'm going to keep a close watch on this question.
Simple...they don't exist. They are figments of the imagination, created by our minds to torment us with beings that we assume to be cute. But they're not. They are FLESH-EATING HYPOTHETICAL DEMONS! %26gt;^.^%26lt;

No comments:

Post a Comment