Sunday, January 24, 2010

Found baby squirrel?

I found a single baby squirrel in the road today and it was going to get hit by a car if i left it there so I brought him to my house and I have been caring for him. He was a little cold when I found him and he had fleas but he seems to be healthy (his gums are pink and he is not dehydrated) and is not injured at all. I can't care for him on my own because I don't have a lisence and I have cats living in my home. I am having trouble locating a rehabber in the auburn/syracuse, ny area so if you are one or know one please contact me.Found baby squirrel?
sorry, im in oklahoma..


but call these people... if they are not close to you... surely they can help u find one in ur area


in the mean time.. keep the baby warm.. give him warm sugar water.. one part sugar.. to 3 parts warm water.. with a syringe.. ( not in a bowl!)


do not feed him any milk at all. do not feed him anything.


(well, unless u dont find someone to help you)


then Esbilac.. powder.. no liquid!





New York, Central region, Chenango County (Afton)..... 607-639-3655





James and Nancy Uhrinec Jr, licensed home wildlife rehabilitator


WildPawsRescue@aol.com


Wildlife Species: Small mammals...not licensed for raccoons.


Will refer and/or transport birds to appropriate rehabilitator.Found baby squirrel?
You could try contacting local veterinary clinics. There are often technicians that have experience with raising baby squirrels.
I could rehabilitate him, but I probly live too far away. I live in Oklahoma. Email me if your interested.
Put it in a box in the morning under the tree you think it came out of....mama should come get it. I've done it b4 %26amp; she came %26amp; got the baby It's hard since you found it in the road and don't know possibly what tree. Rehabbers sugg. doing the whole box under rthe tree thing. If you do decided to do that just keep checking on it.








go to that website %26amp; you can locate a rehabber near you
  • lipstick
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment