Sunday, January 24, 2010

I FOUND A BABY SQUIRREL?

my dog found a baby squirrel and my dad just put it on a tree branch even though it was still alive and kicking its feet! Should i take it in and but it in something warm or should i just leave it alone on the tree branch? please help!I FOUND A BABY SQUIRREL?
If you don't see the mother squirrel right there -- take it in, keep it warm. You can even give it some milk to keep it hydrated. Then find a local wildlife rehabilitater. In Virginia, the wildlife rehab site gives you a 1-800 number to call and leave a message. Someone will then call you back and tell you where to take the squirrel. It's a system made up of all volunteers who do great work.





I did this a couple years ago, and the lady who took the squirrel from me was a retired veterinarian, and she showed me about 15 baby squirrels (including flying squirrels) that she was caring for.





I have also done this with a baby raccoon.








Good luck.I FOUND A BABY SQUIRREL?
yes. i just killed a baby squirrel yesterday because it was very sick.. so if i make you help this one it all evens out :)


wait a couple of hours to see if it is abandoned by its mother, if that is the case it doesn't have a chance, so you might as well help it.
Take it for a week then let it go because it would get to attached,I promised I had a squirrel pet.
my dad found a baby squirrel in a puddle he keeped it and then he let it free when he grew
leave it alone and let nature take it's course. they can bite and carry diseases
adopt it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment