Friday, January 22, 2010

How would I take care of baby squirrels?

My brothers and I were cutting down a tree and when we cut it down, we found a nest of squirrels in the moss. I feel so bad, especially since the mother never came back... They haven't even opened there eyes yet, they're so helpless! I want to take them in and nurse them, but I don't know what to do. So, I have a couple of questions...





- What am I supposed to feed them?


- How do I feed it to them?


- How often should I feed them?


- What should I use for bedding?How would I take care of baby squirrels?
Check your phone book for a local animal rehabilitation center, they will take them. It's a huge job! They need a feeding schedule that is consistent and time consuming. Baby squirrels immune systems are very weak, honestly the chances of them surviving in your care is going to be low. It is illegal to keep wildlife in a number of states, but not all. They could also be carrying disease, you never know. Good for you for caring!How would I take care of baby squirrels?
call a wildlife rehab center right away

No comments:

Post a Comment