Saturday, January 16, 2010

Where can I foster a baby squirrel?

I raised a baby squirrel a few years ago who had fallen out of the nest. I loved her so much and I'd love to do it again. I found her from the vet's office where I worked on weekends (someone brought her in.) Anyone know how I can find other squirrels that need a home?Where can I foster a baby squirrel?
Check to see if you State has a Wildlife Rehabilitation Center. They are usually looking for volunteers to take care of wildlife like baby squirrels, baby foxes, baby raccoons etc. Where can I foster a baby squirrel?
Awesome! Great job. Good luck in your future.

Report Abuse



If you are knowledgeable enough, and are able to prove you ability in raising things, alot of shelters and rescue centers will need help in raising animals. However, some states require you to have a Wildlife Rehabilitation license or work under someone with one that can vouch for you. They are not domesticated animals and require a lot more care, and need to be rehabilitated at the correct age, in the correct way, in order to learn how to be wild again and releaseable. If you did not make your last squirrel independent of you and just released him, you were letting a semi-tame animal with odd behavior into the wild. He is not likely able to feed himself, defend himself, or understand the dangers of predators and enemies easily. Its not hard to RAISE wildlife but the HARD part is getting those animals BACK to the wild. Its not fair to raise these animals as pets, they make terrible pets and its cruel.
Sign up for ';animal rescue';.





I did it through the local university to help raise abandoned crows, which are a protected species. It was very rewarding, but I was sad to let them go.





Animals are more enjoyable than humans, sometimes.



YOU ARE SOOO CARING, BUT THEY ARE NOT MEANT TO BE DOMESTICATED. BUT IS ALRIGHT BUT ONCE ITS STARTS BITING, IT IS TIME FOR IT TO RELEASED BACK INTO NATURE WHERE IT BELONGS.
Your local animal shelter probably has a wildlife section that can use volunteers. I know ours does.

No comments:

Post a Comment