Monday, January 4, 2010

How to care for a baby squirrel?

okay, so i don't want to hear from people that say you should have left it, and you can't keep squirrels. i just want to hear from the people who know how to care for a baby squirrel that is a couple weeks old. Thanks! ;)How to care for a baby squirrel?
I raised three. I kept them warm, fed them with an eye dropper ever couple of hours with soy baby formula. Then our dog had puppies and I convinced her to nurse them. Good Luck.How to care for a baby squirrel?
I had an old friend that did tree work, and they found a baby squirrel that may have been a little older than that, but we bottle fed it kittens milk (can buy canned in a pet store) until he got crazy wild in the cage he was in. Once he was old enough to eat solid food, we let him go in the back yard.


I'm not saying this was good or bad to do, but I couldn't let him die! We at least kept him alive till he was able to eat on his own. I don't know if he lived after we turned him loose or not. (I like to think he did!)
you could try feeling with a eye droper and you could use baby food or something like it we had a couple when we was kids
The best thing to do for the squirrel is contact a local licensed wildlife rehabilator. If you can't find one on your own call The Fish


%26amp; Game department. And maybe they can refer you to someone. Most US states do not allow you to keep or care for wildlife unless you have a license to do so.
  • origins
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment