Monday, January 18, 2010

What to feed my orphaned baby squirrel?

Hi i found this baby squirrel abandoned and i couldn't leave it out on the street. It has a fur coat but its eyes are still closed. can i feed it cows milk or do i have to buy a special formula? I live in the UK so if anyone knows a place please tell me. ThanksWhat to feed my orphaned baby squirrel?
Don't even try to care for it yourself. Squirrels are extremely hard to care for properly. It would definitely be best to get it to a wildlife rehabber right away. A lot of the babies that are brought in to them had been in someone's home for a while first, because they thought they were cute and wanted to try to raise them. Sadly, a lot of them were brought in once they became seriously ill or otherwise unmanageable. It's sad because I know that they only wanted to help and had good intentions, but were doing more harm than good. The survival rates of orphans brought in the same day or next day they were found increased their chances of surviving greatly. Please bring it to a rehabber ASAP.What to feed my orphaned baby squirrel?
Hi Shaffy,


Please e-mail me. Had similar experience before.


smeetawong@yahoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment