Monday, January 18, 2010

I have a baby squirrel. i am not sure how to bathe him?

I have a baby squirrel.I have raised them before and let loose. But I for get how to give them a bathe. He smells like pee. so i guess he slept in it last night. thank you. If someone could help me out that would be great.I have a baby squirrel. i am not sure how to bathe him?
Why are you raising baby squirrels and releasing them? Give it to an animal rehabilitator, what your doing is cruel. A squirrel won't know what to do in the wild if its being babied and cared for in a house and then LET loose when you feel like it.I have a baby squirrel. i am not sure how to bathe him?
Please take it to a nature center. I've raised them and they take alot of work and you need to know how to care for them. They can not be fed with a bottle because they suckle to fast and if not controlled it can kill them. If yours has urine on it then you did not know enough to know you have to get them to pee and clean it up as they go. This is why the mother would lick the young until they are old enough to control themself. They are also prone to calcium loss if hand raised and this too can cause death.
errrr....


-put him in a big bowl of water, but make sure his head doesn't go under, whilst someonelse scrubs him


-give him a big bowl of water to play in





what do you mean you forget how to bathe him? do you mean you never knew in the first place?





I don't actually know, these are just ideas
fill up a sink or a little tub with warm water, if he doesnt bite and you can hold him, then gently put some pet shampoo on him a pea size and gently rub him, after that rinse him with WARM water but dont get any in his eyes.
squirrels are suppossed to be wild let it free NOW

No comments:

Post a Comment