Saturday, January 16, 2010

I have a baby squirrel, eyes are not open, about two-three weeks old?

It fell out of mommas nest and the neighborhood cats came running. The mom didnt come get it so I picked it up. I've been trying to feed it kitten formula with a nursing kit for squirrels, but hes not really eating. Will it eat kitten formula, or do I need to find something different?I have a baby squirrel, eyes are not open, about two-three weeks old?
Pretty much the same thing happened to me...I went outside and saw a cat coming out of a tree with something in it's mouth, I went over to it and took a tiny baby squirrel out of it's mouth...it was still alive but the cats main teeth had punctured it's side...


I went to the co-op place and they actually have squirrel milk. I would suggest getting that and they have tiny little bottles you can feed them with...they'll eat just like a baby. The baby squirrel I had, died...but only becasue I couldn't get it to the vet to repair the damages the cat had given it...the doc told me that if it hadn't have had the puncture wounds on it's side, it would've been fine by my feeding it the squirrel milk. Try that. I'll bet it'll work.I have a baby squirrel, eyes are not open, about two-three weeks old?
KPG's answer is fabricated. I do wildlife rescue and one of the animals we've taken in quite a few of is squirrels. There is no ';squirrel milk';. I pray you took kitdragon's advice and got it to someone who knew what they were doing.

Report Abuse



oh dear god child when it eats solid food- no matter how attached you are- get rid of it!!! when we got him- his eyes where closed and we feed him from a visine bottle with regular milk and we heated it up in the bottle in boiling water,

Report Abuse



you really need to take it to a wildlife center near you. call your local aspca and ask them where you can find one. its easier and the squirrel can be released when its old enough. Pelase take it to a wildlife center

No comments:

Post a Comment